Aarten Energy Solutions BV (AES) works closely with the EnShared companies. AES performs various (large) development activities in the energy transition field for EnShared, which will ultimately result in concrete products and services that fit within the scope of EnShared Development BV and Zonatlas NL BV.
In addition, Aarten Energy Solutions is involved with knowledge platforms and partnerships that have as main objective: creating impact on the desired societal challenges.
Today’s society is characterised by increasing climate, social, financial and energy related challenges. Hence our vision is about providing leadership and knowledge to support clients in dealing with tomorrow’s issues.
Our approach is also characterized by helping residents, through neighbourhood associations and energy cooperatives, "bottom-up", but in the form "working with and not working for".
By combining forces and establishing coalitions, we can create impact.
Our aim is to contribute to the transformation towards a sustainable society.
With renewable energy becoming an increasingly important social issue, EnShared believes that consumers and entrepreneurs are best suited to take responsibility for their own energy supply. It therefore aids households, (local) entrepreneurs and government agencies in finding renewable energy solutions. EnShared is not a traditional energy producer, but provides customers with affordable and reliable services and advice to help them develop and manage their own sustainable energy supply.
Solar power is a major renewable energy source that meets many of the challenges the world currently faces. However, installing solar panels is an increasingly difficult task. Zonatlas aids households by showing the solar energy power potential for each roof in the Netherlands. It calculates the solar potential, the possibilities and financial return of all Dutch roofs in a highly accurate and accessible way. Zonatlas thus provides households independent information to support them in their choices for sustainable (solar) power.
Knowledge platforms and partnerships
Thijs Aarten is one of the founders of the new foundation: "Energy Commons Institute" (abbreviated: ECI). Aarten Energy Solutions is one of the supporting partner organisations.
ECI will take shape in the coming period, together with national and local partners, but for now the following goals ECI has in mind:
- joining forces within different sectors in the field of energy, area development and social innovation in order to contribute to a more inclusive, equitable and sustainable society.
- supporting the operation of a local energy company for the sustainable generation, storage and distribution of energy to joint owner-occupiers in order to arrive at self-sufficient or to a large extent be self-sufficient, whereby energy contracts with traditional suppliers are exchanged for neighbourhood energy.
The foundation tries to achieve this by, among other things, realising the following sub-goals at national level, but also internationally:
- accelerating the energy transition of, by and with residents;
- creating a platform from and for energy commons;
- assisting with energy transition and providing support from the extensive network of experts;
- making available solutions that have been proven elsewhere;
- stimulating new revenue models and business cases from the perspective of residents;
- stimulating (scientific) research;
- stimulating standardisation;
- making information transparently available to residents, energy commons and third parties.
The primary focus area for achieving the aforementioned objectives is the urban and other built-up environment, whereby it is recognised that the rural environment also plays an important role.
For further information we would like to refer to the ECI website; https://www.eci.institute/en/
Thijs Aarten has been actively involved in various (sustainable energy) knowledge platforms since a number of years. Thijs is currently involved with the 'Netherlands Knowledge Platform for Public Charging Infrastructure' (NKL). In the past he has been involved with the '(pilot) Knowledge Platform Wind Energy' and the 'Knowledge Platform on Electromagnetic Fields and Health'. Each platform effectively connects stakeholders with the objective of finding concrete contributions and solutions for the various challenges which the field of energy transition faces. They involve society and give stakeholders a voice.
Solar Magazine: “Dutch Minister Wiebes: ‘Grid operators do not have to compensate citizens for switching off solar panels’ ……….”
An article that you should be well aware of. In any case, it shows that local home/neighborhood electricity storage is...Read More
We would like to refer to the website of the Energy Commons Institute (ECI) that has published a Position Paper:...Read More